17 July 2009

a thankful heart is a happy heart.

wednesday night, i also got a bit of a reminder. while singing a song about joy, i complained to God that i don't feel very joyful lately. He bluntly spoke and asked me if i had expressed any sincere thanks to Him in any regards lately. hmm... today, i was reminded of a veggietales song from long ago.

I thank God for this day, For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad, For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground, For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have, Thats an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares, 'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!

simple lyrics. catchy tune. a lifestyle choice. what are you thankful for today?

No comments: