16 January 2011

one word.

inspired by alece's idea, i have decided not to attempt any new year's resolutions in 2011.  i could compose quite a long list of things i would love to accomplish, but the pressure to achieve sets me up to fall short of my perfectionistic standards.

i love the idea of focusing on just one word.  it's something manageable to incorporate into life and a standard to reflect on throughout each day.  my one word for the year...joy.

{a feeling of great pleasure and happiness, delight, great pleasure, jubilation, triumph, exultation, rejoicing, gladness, glee, exhilaration, exuberance, elation, euphoria, bliss, enjoyment}

worry, stress and seriousness win the battle way too often.  i desire for this year to be remembered for the laughter and peaceful joy that comes from every day walking with Christ.

click on the joy page above to see scriptures i will be studying and links to all my updates on how choosing joy is changing me.



But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 5:11

1 comment:

Tal said...

good call...maybe I should try that too! lol except it's too late--I already made them! ...but I only made one this year, so at least I whittled it down. I'm hoping to try and do those little "insignificant" things that you never have time for but bug the heck out of you every time you see them. We'll see how it goes!