02 September 2009

building pressure & altered focus

i desire security. i would love for my bank account to have X amount of money in it. i wish that my car was like the energizer bunny and kept going and going and never quit. i want my future plans to at least have a tentative blueprint. above all, i want my heart to be fully abandoned to God.

the uncertainties of life are mounting. questions buzzing in my head are making the pressure rise. there are things that i don't even want to think about, let alone deal with. i'm slowly learning that God has me in this place to help me realize the truth.

find rest, o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. he alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, i will not be shaken. my salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. trust in him at all times, o people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
~psalm 62:5-8~


thankfully God is helping me with my focus. things i'm thankful for are being divinely highlighted and people who need encouragement have been strategically placed in my path. as i seek God's truth to share with others, i am being blessed.

i guess irratating pressure isn't always bad. especially if you like pearls.

No comments: