20 May 2009

CAUTION : FRAUD!

this is what i feel like i need to broadcast sometimes - i am a fraud! i don't have it together as much as it seems. i like to portray that everything is peachy. i feel so inadequate in most areas of my life. i don't like the idea of being a leader. i have a really hard time accepting/believing compliments. that being said, God is helping me grow.

NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. Hebrews 11:1 (amplified version)

through the process of holding onto and believing for a promise from God, i have had several people tell me that they are encouraged by my faith. my response is often a polite smile and some generic reply. my first thoughts often drift to the times that i feel like the obstacles are far too great and that the situation is doomed. in that moment of interaction with whomever, i feel like a fraud. i say that i believe it will happen, but my emotions/logic/thoughts/actions don't always agree.

do i need to feel like i have faith to have it?

No comments: