07 October 2009

a new wardrobe.

God is doing an extreme make-over closet edition in my heart.  the comfy things, the stained parts and even the things that i thought were okay are being challenged.

i'm in the process of letting go.  releasing what i feel i have control over or that i rightfully own.  choosing obedience over my pride and watching as God heals and mends what has been broken.

this post has been the hardest to write of this whole series.  i think it's because i would love to tell you that i don't struggle anymore. 

i can tell you this.  joy is now bubbling instead of rebellion.  i've released the shame that has held me captive for years despite knowing that Jesus is holding open the door.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:10-12

my pride and perfectionism deceived me. humbleness has brought healing to my heart and joy to my soul.
God is showing me grace in a whole new way.

what are you willing to let go of in exchange for a new wardrobe or a pure heart?

1 comment:

Terry said...

Thankful of the work of God in you! He is not finished with you yet .... He loves you and doesn't want anything to hold you back in the relationship to Him. Will keep praying and supporting you in all areas of your life.
Love you,
Mom