05 October 2009

nakedness.


there are things that i don't want you anyone to know.

i'm a people-pleasing, insecure perfectionist.

i've been known to procrastinate taking a shower because i absolutely despise feeling cold and wet as i'm getting out.

i often cram my devotions into the last waking moments of the day, and that's only if i'm not too tired.

these things are not too hard for me to share because even though they frustrate me at times, i feel like they are fairly "normal" and don't carry a lot of shame with them.  i have been inspired by sarah and jenni's humble, honest words and am being challenged by God to write and share a more intimate testimony with you here.

Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel.  The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."  Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head."  So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by.
Zechariah 3:3-5
 
there are things i'm hiding because of the shame and filthiness they bring.  i have confessed in the past, but have held on to my filthy clothes.  allowing God to remove these dirty garments is overwhelming and scary, because it leaves me vulnerable to the core.  somewhere along the way, it calls for me to be naked.

i'm ready to clean out my closet.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

You always impress me with your honesty and simplicity of words.You are a great communicator and I'm sure you will take off each garment for good and throw it away.

Jenni Clayville said...

i don't know you... but i am SO proud of you right now. the freedom is unexplainable... but you will feel it almost immediately.

bring it to the light, girl. there is no sin too horrible... no secret too dirty... GOD is God... and God is good. Everything is a "learning experience".

i am praying for you.