06 May 2011

walking down a different street...

i recently went to an event called Loveology hosted by Solid Rock Church in portland.  a two night extravaganza filled with a mass amount of college-aged people to hear biblical perspectives on being Godly men and women, dating, relationships and sex.  the level of openness and how often they referenced scriptures was refreshing.  it's amazing how tainted and twisted the world has portrayed these things.  if you missed it, click here and search for "Loveology 2011".  it really has changed my heart in some areas and i highly recommend it.

one story they shared has been on my mind quite a bit lately...

There's A Hole In My Sidewalk:
In Five Easy Chapters
CHAPTER ONE
I walk down a street and there's a big hole.  I don't see it and fall into it.  It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to find my way out.  It's not my fault!

CHAPTER TWO
I walk down the same street.  There's a big hole and I can see it, but I still fall in.   It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to get out.  It's still not my fault.

CHAPTER THREE
I walk down a street.  There's a big hole.  I can see it, but I still fall in.  It's become a habit.  But I keep my eyes open and get out immediately.  It is my fault.

CHAPTER FOUR
I walk down a street.  There's a big hole.  And I walk around it.

CHAPTER FIVE
I walk down a different street.

-- Portia Nelson

the second night of the series included a time of prayer and it was incredibly healing for me.  i'm so glad to say i'm walking down a different street.

No comments: