08 December 2009

take the stairs.

stand in my shoes as they peer over the ledge.  the wind whips at my face as i gaze down from the top of the building.  two options vie for attention as i see my goal down below. 

should i jump or take the stairs?

the time-consuming workout of the stairs requires patience and endurance.  my restlessness to reach the end result pushes me to override the logical steps.  however, the jump would be devastating.  the outcome would be messy and things would be broken.  i'm not the only person this would affect.  hearts, desires and dreams may be crushed.

how many stairs will it take?  raw blisters and dead ends fuel my desire to find the quickest exit through a window.  this set of stairs look so similar to the last ones i ventured down.  this is taking longer than i expected.

Lord, give me a heart like abrahams...

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised
Romans 4:20-21

No comments: