06 November 2009

do you like rocks?




i don't mind real ones.  but if you have been stuck between a rock and a hard place in your life you know that it's not a place you want to be.

i have equated rocks with struggle, heaviness and obstacles to get around.

last week, God showed me a different perspective.  check it out:

Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob, who turned the rock into a pool, the hard rock into springs of water. 
 Psalm 114:7-8

In their hunger you gave them bread from heaven and in their thirst you brought them water from the rock; you told them to go in and take possession of the land you had sworn with uplifted hand to give them. 
Nehemiah 9:15


He made him ride on the heights of the land and fed him with the fruit of the fields. He nourished him with honey from the rock, and with oil from the flinty crag.
Deuteronomy 32:13


So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed. 
Isaiah 28:16



So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.  
I Samuel 17:50


Then Manoah took a young goat, together with the grain offering, and sacrificed it on a rock to the LORD.
Judges 13:19

He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
Luke 6:48



For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.  
Psalm 27:5



The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
Psalm 18:2


i now see a source of provision, a place of sacrifice and an unyielding security.



what will you do with that stone in your hand?

what foundation will you construct with that boulder that seems to be blocking your path?

what could God miraculously provide through that unlikely source?

being stuck between a rock and a hard place has never looked better.

No comments: