18 June 2009

cannon beach


so, since my dad is a pastor and cannon beach conference center has a "pastor's get-away"... i had the privilege of chillin' at my favorite beach for four days with my parents!

being the oregon coast, the weather can be temperamental but monday was simply stunning! blessed with clear deep blue skies with a fresh salty aroma, we laughed as our kite pulled us along the warm sand.

while searching for the elusive treasures in the sand, the frigid water tickled my toes and welcomed me back. there is something therapeutic about letting the waves crash over my feet. i just wish that i had more time to frolic in the waves...

tragically, my time at the beach was not always sunny. the clouds blanketed the sky and touched the ground with a soft mist. i felt unsettled and restless among the calm. yearning for things to come threatened the restful atmosphere around me. the contentedness i strive for
alluded me. i failed to meet God in those times and felt alone. i was in a mood.

perplexed by the intensity of my raw emotions, i desire a vacation from my vacation. don't get me wrong...the time with my parents was treasured and good times were had. the storm raged on internally. surrounded now with the comforts of home, i'm processing the week and preparing for an insanely busy summer. the only way i'll manage is by the power of God!

Mightier than the thunders of many waters,
mightier than the waves of the sea,
the Lord on high is mighty!
Psalm 93:4

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Love your choice of words, so discriptive and emotionaly evoking. I look forward to seeing the world through your eyes.