19 March 2009

burdens are gold.

in the midst of worship tonight, God blasted through some of my misconceptions. i have always felt like my emotions/baggage/burdens or whatever are too heavy. for me, for others and for God. why should i share them? won't they burden the people i share them with?

God gave me a picture. my junk is heavy, but when laid at the cross it is transformed into gold. God calls me to trust him with my surrendered baggage and He treasures that. this is how i am to invest in my relationship with God and help lay the foundations for eternity.

my burdens = God's treasured gold

this makes my heart happy. i have never wanted to trouble anyone including God. freedom to throw off this "stuff" makes my feet want to dance. thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

What an amazing thought! Thank you for sharing and I'm really enjoying your open-ness. :)